Aluminium foil is one of the most important and widespread cold-rolled aluminium products and aluminium alloys, mainly applied in consumer products. Its benefits pertaining to various intended uses are also supported by its durability, low price and unique combination of properties. Last but not least, aluminium foil is also environmentally- friendly, since it can be recycled and reused.
Aluminium foil properties
- Leakproofness: the crystal structure provides foil with a high level of leakproofness and complete light protection.
- Non-toxicity: aluminium foil is not toxic.
- Corrosion resistance: aluminium foil has great corrosion resistance and reacts only to highly acidic and alkaline substances.
- Non-absorbency: aluminium foil does not absorb liquids and is also resistant to oil.
- Hygiene and safety: aluminium foil is sterile.
- Smell and taste: aluminium foil is odourless and tasteless.
- Shape preservation: soft temper foil provides for a high ability to preserve shape.
- Recycling: aluminium can be recycled several times without losing its quality.
Because of its unique properties, aluminium foil can be applied in various ways:
- as food and beverage packaging,
- as pharmaceutical product packaging,
- technical applications,
- manufacturing of bars.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE PACKAGING FOIL
FOIL FOR TECHNICAL APPLICATIONS
FINSTOCK FOR HEAT CONVERTERS
FOIL AND THIN BAR STRIPS
THIN SECTIONAL STRIPS
Technological manufacturing process
Foils and thin strips are manufactured from hot-rolled or cast strips. Cold-rolling on state-of-the-art four-high rolling mills constitutes the major part of the manufacturing process, followed by cutting and annealing that both help attain the desired final aluminium foil properties. Residues of rolling oils used in the rolling process are also evaporated off, such a foil is degreased and sterile, which is of essence for the food and pharmaceutical industries. Foils manufactured in such a manner are either single or doubled, which means that two foils are rolled simultaneously. The external sides that were in contact with working rolls are bright, whereas the inner sides where the two foils are in contact remain matt. The doubled foil rolling procedure is applied to all foils with a final thickness of 0,050 mm or less. Aluminium foil is supplied in strip on various cores. Following final trimming and cutting, foil is striped to the desired external diameter or in the desired length on steel or aluminium cores, whose dimensions depend on foil thickness and width, customer’s requirements, shipping and other factors.
Compliance with international standards
Our foils comply with the following standards:
- EN 573-3 Aluminium and aluminium alloys - Chemical composition and form of wrought products - Part 3: Chemical composition and form of products
- EN 546-2 Aluminium and aluminium alloys - Foil - Part 2: Mechanical properties
- EN 546-3 Aluminium and aluminium alloys - Foil - Part 3: Tolerances on dimensions
- EN 546-4 Aluminium and aluminium alloys - Foil - Part 4: Special property requirements
- EN 683-2 Aluminium and aluminium alloys - Finstock - Part 2: Mechanical properties
- EN 683-3 Aluminium and aluminium alloys - Finstock - Part 3: Tolerances on dimensions and form
- EN 602 Aluminium and aluminium alloys - Wrought products - Chemical composition of semi-finished products used for the fabrication of articles for use in contact with foodstuff